I love a defined eye in the PM, but sometimes a kohl smokey eye is just a little too intense.
When I saw the bold bronzey goodness backstage at Gucci, I died – so I decided to team up with Clinique to try the look at home.
The best part? You can win the products I used in just a few sweet clicks.
1. Clinique Blushing Blush in Aglow (best.shade.ever.)
*Two lucky winners will receive a Clinique gift pack featuring the products listed above.
To enter, simply Like the Clinique Facebook page (click here) and leave a comment on this post with your name and email address!
1. The models at Gucci clearly had their eyebrows bleached which is out of the question for most of us mere mortals. If you want to minimise the appearance of your brows (and accentuate the eyeshadow), comb concealer through them with a spoolie brush.
2. Cover the entire eyelid with Clinique's Lid Smoothie.
3. I'm not too good when it comes to getting the shape of my eyeshadow even – especially when the colour is intense. Have the same problem? Draw a guideline with a white eyeliner.
Tip: draw it while your eye is open to find the most flattering shape.
4. Apply shade 2 of Clinique's Eyeshadow Quad to the inner corner of the eyes. Then, apply shade 3 over the eyelid and above the crease to the line drawn in step 3.
5. Use an angular eyeshadow brush to take the shadow along the lower lash line.
Tip: don't fret if you look like a raccoon (see below) because we blend the outline later.
5. Increase the intensity of the colour and further define the eyes by applying shade 4 into and just above the crease of the eyelid.
6. Use a blending brush to soften the outline of the shadow. You may need to apply a bit of shade 2 in the Eyeshadow Quad to the brow bone and blend it into the smokey eye outline to do so. Follow with two coats of High Impact Extreme Volume Mascara.
7. Apply Clinique's Blushing Blush just underneath the cheekbones and finish with a slick of Chubby Stick in Curvy Candy.
Entries close on April 16. The winners must Like the Clinique Facebook page to receive the prize.
Good luck!! x